Sleeping in a tree tent
For accommodation during hammock camping, we use Tentsile tree tents, which are durable and specifically created for camping between the earth and sky.The service includes the use and installation of a tree tent and everything necessary for a warm and comfortable sleep (blankets, pillows, bedding). We will install the tents in locations that have the possibility of building a fire, and will also provide appliances for making food, such as a kerosene stove and cookware.
If you wish, we will bring you to the camp from Tartu and take you back in the morning, as well.
- Group size: 1-5 people (2 or 3 people per tent)
- Price: 30 EUR/person
- Transport: a free door-to-door transport from Tartu
- Food: not included
- Language: english/estonian
- There is an old saying in Estonia: “There is no bad weather, just inadequate clothing.” The choice of right clothing is one of the prerequisites of a pleasant hiking experience.
- When it comes to hiking clothes in Estonia, the key word is definitely layers! You can remove and add layers as the journey progresses and should the weather change. It is recommended to bring a raincoat or a jacket even in the summer to protect yourself from unexpected bouts of rain. The most suitable shoes are closed, waterproof shoes that you can walk in on a wet bog surface.
- In the summer, we recommend that you bring swimwear and a towel, as we may come across scenic forest lakes or bog ponds that just might encourage a quick dip. You should also bring some food and water to drink. We will also be offering you some local snacks and hot herbal tea.